This plugin allows to hide some content. It is a fork of the initial ifauth plugin, which seems to be unmaintained and its webpage at dokuwiki is confusing. Additional there is a rewrite at GitHub1). All the many inconsistencies forced me to fork.
Just wrap the text, where the access authorization shall be checked with Markup Language Style Tags:
[isauth account,@group]Text displayed if authorized[/isauth]
- account: the user listed is allowed to see the text
- @group: members of the group listed are allowed to see the text
- !account: everyone except the user listed prefixed with ! is allowed to see the text (This is not the same as saying the user listed is NOT allowed to see the text. This condition does not restrict visibility to users authorized by previous rules. Every additional rule widens the number of users who can see the text.)
- Any number of rules can be added to the list; the rules are OR'ed, so each additional rule expands the set of authorized viewers.
There MUST be no white space after a comma!
For backwards compatibility the syntax with
>  tags is still supported but deprecated.
The “me” below stands for an existing user account (login name).
|condition||text is visible …|
|[isauth @admin,!me]**OK**[/isauth]||if me is in group @admin, to everybody; otherwise to everyone in group @admin if me is not in it|
|[isauth !me,@admin]**OK**[/isauth]||same as above|
|[isauth me]**OK**[/isauth]||only to user me|
|[isauth !@admin]**OK**[/isauth]||everybody who is not in group @admin|
|[isauth !@admin,me]**OK**[/isauth]||everybody who is not in group @admin, and also to user me (whether he is in @admin or not)|
|[isauth @admin,me]**OK**[/isauth]||everybody who is in group @admin, and also to user me (whether he is in @admin or not)|
|[isauth @admin,@other,me]**OK**[/isauth]||everybody who is in group @admin, and everybody who is in group @other, and to user me|
- the hidden text is still at the page, so it is not secure to hide sensible information (visible via “view page source”)
- some syntax inside the tags will be broken, e.g. header lines
The plugin is indented to provide the content a bit cleaner, e.g. to hide incomplete potions of text which are not finished yet. Any other interpretation is beyond the scope of it!
Install the plugin using the Extension Manager. Copy the download link above, go to the Extension Manager, select the Manual Install tab and put the link into the Install from URL: field. Press the button Install.
Refer to Plugin Installation Instructions on how to install plugins.
Bugs / Feature Requests
Please report bugs or feature requests at the Issue Tracker.
- updated CHANGELOG (2023/07/25 10:11)
- updated plugin info (2023/07/25 09:59)
- php8 warning fixes, updated comments (2023/07/25 09:57)
- added .gitignore file (2023/07/25 09:56)
- added markup language style tags (2018/10/09 09:00)
- added change log (2018/10/09 07:54)
- added license file (2018/10/08 11:07)
- initial commit (2018/10/04 15:00)